Airbrush Spray Tan
Everything you need to know about Lash Crush's airbrush spray tanning services.
Experience a gorgeous healthy looking tan and a dewy radiant glow with our spray tanning formula made of Muscadine Grape seeds, Stems, Skin and Juice. Blended with wine Extract and Grape seed oil.
- Green Tea
- Eco cert DHA
- Hyaluronic Acid
- SD-40 alcohol FREE
- Paraben FREE
DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) is the magic ingredient in a spray tan. It works with a person's individual melanin (protein and amino acid on the outermost layer of the skin). DHA is made from the sugar-cane plant and has been FDA approved for cosmetic purposes since 1973. The tan is applied with a spray gun or HVLP (high volume, low pressure) system.
- The solution also contains a cosmetic bronzer that will give you the look of a tan while you wait 8 to 12 hours for your tan to develop. The bronzer will wash off in the shower and show your natural airbrush tan.
- If you don't have time to wait 6 to 8 hours for your tan, there is also a quick tan solution that only takes 2 to 4hours to develop.
- We use THE BEST solution on the market and we match to your skin tone, skin type, and occasion.
- Our unique technique is the best in the industry and will give you a flawless glowing tan.
- Tan will last 7 to 10 days if taken proper care.
Advantages of Airbrush Tanning
- UV Free! No exposure to harmful UVA and UVB rays, unlike natural sun exposure and tanning beds.
- FDA approved and recommended by dermatologists and The Skin Cancer Foundation.
- No mess, like there is with self tanners. The airbrush gun will apply the solution evenly with no streaks and with a smooth finish that cannot be mimicked by self-tanning lotions. No odor, No streaks, and No orange appearance!
- Tanning color can be matched to your preference – you can either have a golden glow tan or brownish tan.
- Our moisturizing solution gives a long lasting tan, around 7-10 days
- Makes you look healthy, feel great, and can hide some skin imperfection and cover tan lines.
- Dries quickly on your body and won't stain your clothes or bed linens.
- Tan all year long, even during the winter months.
- We carry solution with aloe vera and anti-aging formula that moisturize your skin and give you that natural glowing skin color.
Airbrush Spray Tan FAQs
Your body is sprayed with a solution that contains a percentage of DHA (DiHydroxyacetone), a colorless solution that reacts with the protein in the outermost surface of your skin. When DHA and the protein in your skin oxidize, it creates a brown temporary color. The solution also contains a bronzer which helps in the oxidation process and helps the technician create a uniform tan.
DHA has been approved for cosmetic use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Canadian Health Ministry. It is a non-toxic solution. DHA based sunless tanning has been recommended by the Skin Cancer Organization, the American Academy of Dermatology, The Canadian Dermatology Association, and the American Medical Association.
With proper preparation and daily moisturizing, your tan will last approximately five to seven days, possibly longer. Those who shower more than once daily will fade more quickly than clients whose routine includes one daily shower and a regular non-petroleum moisturizer. A sunless tan fades just like a tan from the sun. As you slough off dead skin cells, so goes your tan. Proper skin hydration is the key to tan longevity.
Yes your tan will be an instant tan that will continue to develop over the next 6-8 hours. Please follow the tanning instructions for the best results. However your true tan will be revealed after you wash off the bronzer.
No! Orange color is the result of older tanning agents that are no longer used in the spray tanning industry or the result of tanning pills. The DHA solution that Lash Crush uses is more refined and of a much higher quality than DHA solutions that were used in the past. Streakiness is caused by the improper application of home tanning creams and sprays.You will get nothing less than a professional spray tan, with a completely natural golden brown tanned tone.
Yes. Prior to being tanned you should exfoliate using an oil-free scrub. Do not use bar soaps, or moisturizing spa-type cleansers as these leave residue which will interfere with the development of your tan. Removing dead cells and body oils helps the sunless tanner adhere to your skin for the best results. Do not use moisturizers prior to being tanned as they can clog pores and inhibit proper penetration of the solution. Makeup and deodorants may also inhibit absorption and should be removed prior to tanning.
During the appointment – If you choose to be tanned in a bathing suit, we suggest you buy one especially for use while tanning or use an older one as solution will inevitably get on your suit. Female clients over the age of 18 may choose to tan topless or in the nude. Male clients must wear bottoms, and many find fitted boxer briefs to be the best solution. All clients under 18 years of age must have a signed parental approval form, and must tan in a full swimsuit.
After the appointment – You should wear loose fitting, dark colored clothing and flip-flops as bronzer can rub off on your clothing and some shoes rub off solution, negatively affecting the results. Avoid tight clothing, denim and exposed elastics (as in smocked tops and the liner in running shorts), as these will slough your skin, and create development issues immediately after your tan. Clothing that would leave a mark on your skin, will leave a mark in your developing tan. Cotton sweats, soft pajamas or a long sundress work well. Bronzer color that transfers will sometimes wash out in a normal wash cycle, but there is no guarantee. Please choose your post-tan attire accordingly.
Caring for your sunless tan will prolong your results. Avoid exposure to water and activities that might cause you to perspire, until after your first post-tanning shower. Once your tan has developed, it is a part of your outer skin layer and, just as with a UV tan, activities that exfoliate the skin will slowly fade your color. Keep your skin well hydrated with a moisturizer that is free of petroleum: mineral oil, petrolatum, and paraffin. Avoid products that contain Vitamin C, retinol and other ingredients intended to accelerate turnover of your skin. Avoid the drying effects of prolonged exposure to the elements. Use a sulfate-free, gentle body wash in the shower and do not use a loofah, washcloth or Clarisonic for the duration of your tan. Pat dry after showering or swimming, as opposed to rubbing. These simple measures will help maximize the look and length of your tan.
No! The tanning solution does not provide any protection from the sun and does not contain any sunscreen.
At least 24 hours before your air brush spray tanning appointment.
The same answer for showering applies to working out. You must wait at least 8 hours to give the DHA time to react with your skin before disturbing the application. Swimming should be avoided completely until after you compete. The chlorine can have an adverse affect on your tan.
The bronzer in the solution is temporary and it is what gave you the immediate color. The real color is the result of the DHA reacting with the proteins in your skin. The real color develops behind the bronzer over 8 hours. So do not be alarmed when taking your first shower. The brown is the bronzer and it is supposed to come off. The lasting color is what is left behind.